Hokitika is a cool little town - it balances the best of the West Coast experience with some surprising sophistication for a small town. Think of the fun-filled, relaxed holidays you used to have, then throw in better coffee and food, a beach town centre, a large artisan community and friendly characters.
We are happy to share our experience and services in organising tours and activities. There are many things to do in Hokitika but here are some of our favourites:
- Get a bird's eye view at the new West Coast Treetop Walkway at Lake Mahinapua.
- Visit the unbelievably turquoise waters at the Hokitika Gorge. Make it a scenic driving loop by returning via Lake Kaniere.
- Take a short walk from the hotel to the GlowWorm Dell and see a wondrous natural light show.
- Fossick for pounamu / NZ jade or just soak in the views of Aoraki / Mt Cook on the beach. It's just a across the road from us.
- Learn about the history of the area with a stroll on the Heritage Walkway or visit the Hokitika Museum and take a guided tour with a local historical character.
- Walk around town to see the many artisans at work in their studios. They are more than happy to chat about their quality work.
- Cycle the easy West Coast Wilderness Trail. You can do a short day ride or do the full 4 day journey.
Hokitika is also the perfect base for your wider West Coast holiday. The Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers as well as Punakaiki’s Pancake Rocks are just a day trip away. To learn more about what is on offer in Hokitika, visit thecoollittletown.com.
See what Hokitika has to offer
Freephone: 0800 STUMPERS (788 673)
Phone: (03) 755 6154
Fax: (03) 755 6137
Address: 2 Weld Street, PO Box 35, Hokitika 7810, New Zealand